Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 7



Yesterday was such a great day for this project. I was interviewed by WABI TV 5 news here in Maine, and they aired a great piece on Chopsticks 365 and Feeding America. I even got to teach the reporter how to use chopsticks and challenge him to eat some tiny raisins and peanuts. You can view the story here:
http://www.wabi.tv/news/25657/unity-college-student-using-chopsticks-to-fight-hunger

Because of the news story, I have received many more page views on the blog and nearly $350 in contributions to Feeding America. Thank you so much to all that support this project, you are what will help it grow.

Lastly, I wanted to point out my lunch photo from yesterday. This meal consisted of spaghetti and sauce, salad, homemade garlic bread, apple crisp and sweet tea. This lunch was a special at Unity College, and it cost me a grand total of $1. Now picture this meal multiplied by 8. That is what your $1 donation to Feeding America will provide. Chew on that and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Just heard about this on the news!! That looks really good! What an awesome thing to do. Go for the Subway Footlong next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ari! I'd like to see you eat a footlong with chopsticks too, and while you're at it, how 'bout some pudding? =)

    ReplyDelete