Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 38


This is the stuffing for my first ever batch of stuffed pasta shells baked with Florentine spinach and four cheese red sauce. We had a craving for something new and exciting, so I decided to whip this dish up from my imagination...and with a bit of recipe advice from my father's mother. She always made this yummy dish called Pasta In A Pot, and I thought using the ricotta and cottage cheese from her recipe would be a good idea. I took ricotta, cottage cheese, fresh spinach, sweet onion, and spices ans mixed it all up, stuffed the shells, smeared with the sauce, and baked at 325 for about 25 mins, then added sliced Colby-Jack to the top and finished baking for 5 minutes. This meal made me think of family style dinners growing up, and I was thrilled that it turned out well. Try my recipe, if you need more details, fee free to contact me through my Contact page!


No comments:

Post a Comment